Schedule Senior Photos
You are invited to schedule your senior portrait sitting with Thornton Studios. You can also have a professional headshot taken during the same sitting. A rite of passage for many students, this is an optional feature of Commencement that many of our graduates look forward to.
Please note: You do not need to purchase or receive a cap and gown prior to scheduling your photos.
Scheduling, Costs, and Discounts
To schedule a sitting, visit the Thornton Studios website and use the code "studio" to enter the scheduling system. The fee for your sitting is $5.00, payable to Thornton Studios.
How to Prepare
To prepare for your sitting, please review the information below:
- Portraits are from the waist up. Please dress as you would for a job interview or business portrait headshot
- Long sleeves and solid colors look best
- Bring a comb and/or brush
- Check your nails; your hands will show in several images
- If you have your own academic attire, you may bring that to your portrait session. If not, the portrait photographer will have and provide basic cap, gown, and tassel for your portrait session.
Thornton Studios is located at 210 W. 29th Street, between 7th and 8th Avenues, in New York City, approximately 2 blocks south of Penn Station/Madison Square Garden.
Questions about scheduling portraits can be directed to Thornton Studios at email@example.com. Be sure to use CUNY School of Professional Studies in the subject line.